Greetings Fellow Chapter Members!
My term as your Chapter President will end on June 30, 2018. This past year has been a very rewarding experience for me personally and professionally.
As I prepare to pass the torch, I would like to take this opportunity to recap some of the goals and activities of the 2017-2018 Chapter year:
- Continue to fund the NYC Chapter Scholarship that was created with the ASSP Foundation and to support the Foundation.
The NYC Chapter contributed $5,000 to the ASSP Foundation to further the safety profession!
- Partner with other Chapters and Organizations.
The NYC Chapter partnered with the New Jersey and Long Island Chapters to present technical meetings during 2017 – 2018.
- Launch an effort to not only re-engage the membership but also diversify by engaging members from fields other than construction, such as Risk Management, Legal, Hospitality,
Did you miss our call? NYC Chapter leaders canvassed current members, and engaged student and prospective members to add more great minds to the chapter. A heart felt welcome to the 118 members who joined our chapter this year!
- Amend the Chapter By-Laws to incorporate new strategies in chapter.
- Create a Library of resource materials that would be made available to the membership on a “Loan” basis.
The incoming Leadership will continue to lead the charge in developing and implementing chapter goals, adding “Value” to you, the members.
A Year in Review
- Multiple technical and social events
- Chapter participation in the NYCDEP “Safety Day”
- General meeting featuring “Social Security Benefits Strategy”
- Official vote for the chapter name change to American Society of Safety Professionals
- Leadership participation in the Regional Operating Committee meetings
In the coming year, NYC Chapter Leadership will be reaching out to you for input on how we can add value to your NYC Chapter membership.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your chapter leader!
Brian A. Fennell
ASSP NYC Chapter President 2016-2018