Lovell Safety Management – Syracuse and Hudson Valley areas
We are seeking to hire 2 highly skilled and motivated Safety and Health Consultants to join our team. You will play a critical role by facilitating our client in their development of effective safety and health programs. Your responsibilities will include conducting risk management surveys, providing safety and health training, performing site audits, formulating policies, developing training programs, and ensuring compliance with relevant safety standards. You will also be representing Lovell Safety Management and acting as a field liaison.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following but not limited to
- Facilitate the client in their development of effective safety and health programs.
- Conduct comprehensive risk management surveys to identify potential hazards and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Review individual client’s loss record and identify potential injury trends and subsequent preventative measures. Evaluate their safety commitment and potential risk to the Safety Group.
- Utilizing the latest industry best practices, develop and deliver engaging and informative safety and health training sessions to clients’ employees, both in person and online.
- Perform site safety and health surveys and audits, identify compliance issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborate with other team members to formulate customized safety and health policies that align with our clients’ specific needs and industry standards.
- Timely respond to special requests of clients.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of OSHA standards and other relevant safety and health regulations, ensuring clients’ compliance.
- Utilize Lovell computer software and other tools specific to the safety and health field for data analysis, reporting, and documentation.
- Familiarize clients with Lovell’s Safety and Health services, group management, claims and other available services. Work with the Lovell Claims and Underwriting departments to ensure proper client service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 5 years proven experience as a Safety and Health Consultant or in a related role, knowledge of worker’s comp insurance system a plus.
- Strong understanding of OSHA regulations and other applicable safety and health standards, risk management and assessment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in using computer software relevant to safety and health, including data analysis and reporting tools.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. Able to work as a team with other safety professionals.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- 5 years of Safety & Health experience.
- BS/BA with certification as a Safety Professional preferred.
- Valid driver’s licensee
- Previous proven experience in a similar role is required.
- Knowledge of business operations and administration.
- Experience in construction as well as occupational safety.
- Computer literate and confident using Microsoft Office Suite.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and provide excellent customer service.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the sole discretion of Lovell Safety Management. All employment with Lovell Safety Management is of an at-will nature. Lovell Safety Group is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable worker and workplace employment laws and regulations.
At Lovell, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package in addition to compensation. The annual salary range for this role is $85,000 to $110,000 in addition to bonus potential, a 401(k) match, health benefits, paid time off and more. The final salary will be determined based on a variety of factors, including the individual’s experience and qualifications.