Flexible Work Eligible: Remote Work, Alternate Location
DISCOVER your opportunity
Flexible location, USA
Provides loss control support to Property & Casualty underwriters and customers in AXA XL’s Americas – Environmental unit.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Provides underwriting and loss control support for assigned US-based accounts with focus on environmental, health and safety contractors and consultants, including waste management and transportation companies.
- Conducts property & casualty risk assessments (in-person and via telephone), site assessments, risk management studies, provides consulting services/training, and prepares reports.
- Provides project management of third party consultants providing same.
- Routinely interfaces with underwriters to provide technical support on new and renewal accounts including marketing/sales efforts as requested
- Develops working relationships with customer risk management, transportation, and safety personnel
- Prepares risk assessment survey reports with customer loss control recommendations
- Prepares risk analysis and claims analysis documents
- Prepares and reviews customer risk management, safety, and loss preventions programs
- Prepares technical risk bulletins, whitepapers, and articles as requested
- Develops new and innovative customer loss control and training services
- Works with outside consultants and Ecosystem technology partners to facilitate customer services
- Supports manager in quality, efficiency, technical and special projects as requested
You will report to Vice President – Risk Consulting, Environmental.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- BS Engineering or Science discipline and 10 years insurance loss control related experience including 5 years performing multi-line loss control surveys/risk assessments
- MS Engineering or Science discipline with 8 years insurance loss control related experience including 5 years performing multi-line loss control surveys/risk assessments
- Professional certifications desirable: CIH, CSP, CHMM, ARM
- Experience performing environmental, health and safety audits and training desirable
- Experience with EHS consultants and industrial contractors desirable
- Knowledge of insurance coverages: General Liability, Commercial Auto, Property, Workers Compensation, Pollution, Professional
- Knowledge of OSHA, USDOT, and USEPA statutes and regulations
- Knowledge of industry standards such as NFPA, ASTM, ANSI, ISO
- Knowledge and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Microsoft Office knowledge – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to serve as a multi-disciplined account manager, suggest value-added loss prevention services for customers, and work independently and/or collaborate as needed
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
Our enterprise I&D mission is to become the most inspiring company to work for. We’re achieving this through our three areas of focus:
- Drive an Inclusive Culture—create a global workplace that works for everyone, with a culture that values all individuals, backgrounds and ideas, and where every colleague feels safe, valued and respected.
- Diversify Our Workforce—increase the representation of women in leadership, achieving 50% by 2023, and focus on underrepresented populations by region, positioning AXA XL as an employer of choice for all talent.
- Support Our Marketplace & Communities—support our communities and visibly and thoughtfully champion equity around the globe.
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL our approach to corporate responsibility (CR) is the same as our approach to business; constantly seeking to provide innovative solutions to the world’s most complex problems. From offering our expertise, products and services to help build more resilient communities, to advancing understanding and response to climate change, our strategy – Our Impact. Our Future. – aligns key issues that are pertinent to our business – climate, water and financial resilience – and contributes to AXA Group’s purpose to “Act for human progress by protecting what matters.”
- Climate: We’re reducing our carbon footprint, protecting ecosystems and exploring how our business can help build a better world.
- Water: We’re developing water resilience where it is — and will be — needed most.
- Financial resilience: We’re helping create opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed, so they can be better prepared for unexpected changes.
- Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as our “Hearts in Action” programs.
For more information, please see the Corporate Responsibility section on our website.
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: United States
Other Locations: US-PA-Exton, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-IL-Chicago, US-CA-Walnut Creek
Work Locations: US PA Exton 505 Eagleview Boulevard
505 Eagleview Boulevard Route 100
Job Field: Underwriting Support
Job Type :Standard